STATEMENT: GOP Tax Law Hurting Ohio Families While Enriching The Wealthy
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
WASHINGTON, D.C. — In response to Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Ohio promoting the GOP tax law, Not One Penny spokesperson Ryan Thomas released the following statement:
“Vice President Pence has continued his tour propping up Republican tax cuts for the rich. It could not be more clear that this law disproportionately benefits millionaires, billionaires, and wealthy corporations at the expense of working families—including the nearly 11,000 workers laid off in Ohio since this law was passed.
“While corporate executives and Republican donors profit from more tax savings, workers’ wages have stagnated, health care costs have skyrocketed, and more families are struggling to make ends meet. The GOP must be held accountable for passing this devastating tax law.”
Key facts on the impacts of the TrumpTax in Ohio:
- In 2018, 10,658 workers have been notified of mass layoffs and plant closures in the state.
- 433,100 Ohioans will lose health insurance under this tax law.
- Over 1 in 4 Ohioans will see a tax increase thanks to the TrumpTax when this law is fully phased in.
- Next year, the average tax hike for Ohioans who are getting a tax hike will be $730.
- Next year, 1,020,130 Ohioans will see no tax cut under this law.
# # #